Within a fifty mile radius of the Silver Springs Airport there are rich and diverse amenities that contribute to a quality of life, education, entertainment and culture that is attractive to the location of business, industry and employees. In the immediate area, close to Silver Springs, are two large Nevada State Parks, Lake Lahontan and Fort Churchill. These parks offer camping, swimming, boating, hiking, fishing, and horseback riding trails. Numerous fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities are available at Lake Lahontan, Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Walker and Carson Rivers, Pyramid Lake, and many more.
Silver Springs is a small, rural community that has most of the modern conveniences already here. It is a growing community, due to its prime location. Silver Springs sits at the cross roads of Hwy. 50 and Hwy. 95A (alternate).
The new Nevada Rt. 439 now connects Silver Springs to the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, and I-80. Silver Springs will be the closest community to the new Tesla giga factory and the numerous other businesses like Switch locating in the Industrial Center.
- Silver Springs is a thriving community with several new businesses opening in the last few years.
- Reno/Sparks, a vibrant, rapidly growing city of 250,000 people is 40 miles northwest.
- Carson City, the picturesque, historic State Capitol of 55,000 people is 35 miles west.
- Historic Virginia City is 15 miles northwest.
- The Sierra Nevada Mountains and Lake Tahoe are 50 miles west.
Lake Lahontan, the Nevada State Park historic lake/reservoir/recreation area, is here in Silver Springs and also stretches 18 miles south and along the Carson River.
This area has magnificent high desert scenery and a four season climate. Locally available are world class equestrian trails, hiking, mountain biking, mountain climbing, off roading, wildlife viewing, hunting, camping, star gazing, skiing, winter sports, and much more!